Ready to set your school up with your XACROS plan? We have everything you need to onboard your school community—including your staff, parents, and students—with a comprehensive step-by-step guide. It’s a simple process but it will help you with all you need to lead a successful XACROS rollout as an administrator. Lets get started!
1. Set up your administrator account
- First, get familiar with the basics of your administrator account, from understanding your account settings to exploring the ins and outs of your dashboard.
- From there, visit your account settings to make your desired changes and to choose how you’d like to get message notifications.
- If you need to add other administrators to your school, you can tell us and we help set them up so they can gain administrator access to the school right away.
- You—or any other administrator—can also set default preferences for your school to carry out teacher approvals. In case of any approval failures contact our support team and in case of spam teacher approval requests, report to us.
2. Plan your rollout
- Before you roll out XACROS to the rest of your school community, make a plan to stay on track. We recommend keeping your launch date in mind and working backward to account for all the important milestones.
- This is also a good time to create a communication policy to set clear expectations and help your school get the most out of XACROS. Here are a few guiding questions to help get you started right away.
When you’re ready to build a policy for your school, no need to start from scratch—just notify us so that we can send you our policy template as a guide!
3. Roster your school
- Rostering is the fastest, most effective way to roll XACROS out to your school community. Instead of waiting for teachers, students, and parents to opt in, you can create their accounts, classes and forums for them.
- Larger schools also have the option of rostering via SIS sync. This process is somehow more technically involved, but it doesn’t need to be daunting. You can always contact our support team and we assign you our own agent to freely set it up all for you.
4. Notify your community
Communication is the key to adoption, so let staff members, parents, and students know what to expect with an email to everyone in your school community.
We created for you some email templates you can customize to share with your entire school;
If you’ve rostered your school, it’s important to notify staff members, parents, and students so they can access their accounts. Here, teachers can actually be pretty helpful in helping to onboard most students and their parents.